Suppliers of Computer support and services
We recognise that our own activities have impacts on the environment and we are seeking to minimise these effects as much as we can, while maintaining the high quality standards of our products. This environmental policy is our commitment to minimising our impacts and continually improving our environmental performance during the course of our business.
We have reviewed our operations and identified the associated environmental impacts. We plan to implement improvements in the following areas:
- Energy – We use energy for heating and lighting. We are committed to monitoring our energy consumption on a regular basis and will implement energy efficiency measures where practical to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Resources and Waste – We already minimise the amount of waste generated from our processes by efficient ordering and staff awareness. Much of our waste packaging is currently recycled and we plan to investigate improved re-use and more sustainable packaging solutions.
- Preventing Pollution – We will identify any potential risks of pollution to water, air and land from our processes and implement measures to avoid such incidents. Transport is a major source of air pollution and we see it as a priority to ensure that we use the most sustainable transport systems to minimise this pollution while maintaining prompt and efficient service to our customers.
- Complying with the Law – We are committed to complying with, or exceeding, all environmental legislation that applies to our operations and aim to ensure that our suppliers will follow our example. We will keep up-to-date with current and forthcoming statutory requirements as they arise.
- Communication – It is our goal to communicate this policy and aims to our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders and to encourage them to take responsibility for their own impacts on the environment. We also welcome any ideas and input as to how we may be able to further reduce our own environmental impacts.
In order to maintain progress towards continual improvement and the above aims, we will train staff and others in any relevant working procedures that will help us achieve these goals. This Environmental Policy will be reviewed regularly and will be adapted to any future changes within our company or changes in legislation that apply to our business.
Stephen Franklyn , Managing Director, Lithium systems Ltd, March 2009